Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Any clever people here give me advice on a good CV?

I was told that there is no perfect CV. But for your CV to be most effective, use the kind of CV format that suits you best - chronological, skills-based or combination.Any clever people here give me advice on a good CV?
The purpose of a CV is to get you an interview and on that basis the perfect CV is the one that does.


I agree that an employer does recieve loads of CV's and he or she will always, in their opinion, chosse the best candidate from the CV's that are recieved.


So, put yourself in the employers place.


What is the job that is being advertised?


What are the relevent skills required to perform that job.


What sort of person are they looking for - in terms of personality, experience, qualifications ect


And, are you the person who fits that criteria?


If you are really stuck on your CV you could always email me and I will send you a copy of a very successfiul format.


you can email me as follows:-


hawkins40@btinternet.com


Just ask if you can have a copy of my CV Construction lesson and I will send it to you.Any clever people here give me advice on a good CV?
When sending a CV it is not about what format suits you best but what format would suit a prospective employer - remember you are writing it for them not for yourself.





It depends what job you are going for - if I was going for say a construction job I would list my qualification first then my experience. If it was for a managerial position I would chronologically list what I have achieved in various roles.





The most important thing to remember is what is most relevant to the perspective employer and how can you make yours stand out from the several hundred he may have for each position.

No comments:

Post a Comment