Friday, April 30, 2010

I want to buy a shotgun and would like to hear some advice from people who owned one before.?

I have $400.00 dollars and what to buy a shotgun. I will be attending to use this shotgun for hunting mainly so the accuracy is a must (i know its a shotgun but you know what I mean) but I would like to blow some holes is some targets to, and another must I would have to have is I would like the shotgun to hold at least 6-8 shells. So I would like a shotgun that can shoot stright, hold like 8 shells, but still can shoot the smaller/bigger shells too. Whats your guys advice? Any insight in your thought in which gun you think I should buy? And if could list the price of the gun you are recommending. Thanks all!





JosephI want to buy a shotgun and would like to hear some advice from people who owned one before.?
I don't know what state you are in but some states have a three shell limit if you don't try a rem 870 for around 250 and then buy the mag extnsion for 8 or 10 rounds If i were going to use slugs I would buy a 20 gauge they tend to b a lot more accurateI want to buy a shotgun and would like to hear some advice from people who owned one before.?
i would recommend a Saiga 12. it is a semi-auto 12ga shotgun with a detachable box magazine. it only has a 6 round capacity (5 in mag. +1 in chamber), but it is one of the most reliable actions, and cycles fast.


it is a 12ga AK rifle, in a sporting configuration. they might get some weird looks at the range, but they work great.
For 400 bucks you should be able to find a decent shotgun. I am very partial to my Browning, but that is gonna cost more than what you are willing to spend (looking at a grand). If you are looking to hunt with your shotgun I would strongly reccomemend you go shoot some skeet or trap at your local range to get some practice. I go shoot a couple times a month and it give great stress relief breaking some birds (clays) and I see the benefit during dove season. Go with the 12 unless you are dont want any recoil. Inserts and/or interchangeable barrels are available for certain guns. One place you may look is at police auctions, I picked up a winchester model 150 12 guage for 100 bucks. Remington, Winchester, Savage are all good brands that you may find in your price range. Shop around the internet provides lots of opportunities. I live near San Antonio Texas and they have a gun show every month at the airport convetion center. Its a buyers market if you look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment