Friday, April 30, 2010

Why do soo many young people want relationship advice?

ok most of the time when i look at peoples questions on here a lot of them seem to be asked by young teenagers 13/14 and they all seem to want serious relationship advice. I mean why is it they want to grow up so fast. When i was 14 no one i knew wanted relationship advice, or even advice on sex. Doesn't anyone want that general freedom that comes with being young anymore (by freedom im referring to the lack of responsibilities e.g. relationships, money, rent etc)Why do soo many young people want relationship advice?
I feel you. I am in my thirties and I find myself searching hard for mature questions. However, I see the same questions over and over again being asked by babies who want to date. I don't judge but as one who came out at age 12 and now a mother, I just think that these kids are stressing themselves over other kids unnecessairly when they should be focusing on their education and future.Why do soo many young people want relationship advice?
I'm 16, and i totally agree with you. I've never asked a question on my relationship, except once when it was about my boyfriend going in the army, but i think that's a totally different matter. I'm not like most teenagers though, i spend all my time around adults. I have no teenage friends, i can't be bothered with all the hassle, i think every teenager asks about it because of the world we are living in now, they all follow each others steps and say 'oh shes having sex, i don't want to be odd so i'll ask some advice online' It's all pretty sad when you look at it tbh. I bet your thinking this is ironic a teenager talking about stuff like this, but yeah; i tend to get on better with people alot older than myself and understand them more. :)
Because they are young and confused.


I bet you asked friends all the time for advice and help, and yahoo answers offers even more advice from even more 'friends'.


I probably would have used this myself if it was about when i was younger, but I'm a few years too late.


I know its annoying and I've helped my fair share of kids trying to figure out if a boy likes them, but everyone needs help from time to time and if you can show them the adult way to deal with situations then you are bringing them one step closer to adulthood. Even if the rest of yakoo answers keep writing 'yo skank/whatev he finks yo ugly/i wish i knew what the touch of a woman was/etc etc'
13/14 is a confusing time in any ones life, you are pretty much just finding out who you are and need a little help. Most people don't want to talk to their friends about it and would rather the anonymity of the internet. If you don't like the question don't answer it. But i agree that younger people should try their best for the freedom before attempting to get tied down.
well i grew up really early i mean i was doing serious things when i was that age.. SO i totally understand them... but i dread not getting to have a childhood.. but sometimes we don't get to have one..
nowadays these kids feel more grown up if they have a relationship but then they fail so many times it messes up their future relationships hence the divorce rate

No comments:

Post a Comment