Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need legal advice on displaying other people's prices on a website?

I have noticed that someone has placed my prices on their website. Next to that he has said that his prices are cheaper than mine. I am trying to do the right thing by everyone and now he has done that. It feels not right to do that. What I am angry about is that he believes that he has the right to display them. Does he have the right? I hope not.I need legal advice on displaying other people's prices on a website?
I believe that he can do it. Your prices are posted for all to see. This is called competition /capitalismI need legal advice on displaying other people's prices on a website?
Generally I don't think he (if the name of your biz is copyrighted) can use your business's name directly for any price comparisons. Because that would be copyright infringement. However if he simply displayed what price you were selling it at, and what price he is selling it at, without the use of your business name or website. It would be perfectly legal.
  • cream blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment