Friday, April 30, 2010

Why do people give different advice for different types of abuse?

why is it when someone is physically abused then they are told to run from that person?


why is it when someone is sexually abused then they are told to run from that person and press charges?


but when it comes to emotional abuse then everyone always says..';just live with it.. they are only yelling at you,.. its not like they are hitting you or anything..'; like if emotional abuse doesn't have the same effect as physical or sexual abuse does?


not say that physical abuse or sexual abuse isn't very traumatic because i know it is but it just seems to me that emotional abuse doesn't really get light like the other two..Why do people give different advice for different types of abuse?
people who havent experienced emotional abuse dont know how traumatizing and how hurtful it is. I've personally been emotionally and sexually abused, and even though I will always be haunted by my rape, the emotional abuse is by far the worst.


I was emotionally abused by my father my entire life, and no one understood it. Its hard because normally its done by someone you love and are close to, which honestly makes it that much worse. You begin to doubt yourself and wonder what you did wrong to deserve it....


In my opinion, physical and sexual overtime will heal, but the emotional part always stays. I have recovered from my rape, but the emotional part of it is what haunts me. The emotional abuse from my father will always haunt me and hurt me, because I can still hear his words and I still feel the way they made me feel when he said them.








Great question. I wish i could give you more than one star.Why do people give different advice for different types of abuse?
Part of the problem, I think, is that there is no retaliation, no justice, for individuals who are emotionally abused. If someone physically or sexually abuses you, there is evidence, and there are ways to make sure the assailant is punished (even though those measures do fail sometimes). But emotional abuse is so much harder to find, prove, and punish. And in this case, the only way to fight fire is with fire, but no one is going to tell you ';oh, they are emotionally abusing you? Well just abuse them back. Tell them they are a horrible person, call them names, toy with their head a little until they feel worthless.';





It is unfortunate; and for the most part, I really don't think people feel that emotional abuse isn't abuse, no one really knows what advice to give in that situation other than merely to deal with it.
I've been putting up with emotional abuse my whole life, to the point where id be open to any kind of physical abuse as long as it would mean no emotional abuse. I dont inflict psysical pain on myself cause i think thats entirely wrong, but when i cut myself at work, i like it cause i know those wounds will heal. Not implying that sexual abuse or excessive psysical abuse will heal, cause im sure they wont either
Because all types of abuse require different kinds of help/advice?


You're not going to tell a physical or sexual abuse victim ';Just deal with it.';


You would never tell a verbal abuse victim (you said emotional) to run away... that's overreacting.
do you need advice. obviously you know you should get out of the situation.





but i would give the same advice for all three.... get the f*ck out of there and try to make sure they dont do it again,
because people base their answer off their experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment