Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I want to buy a shotgun and would like to hear some advice from people who owned one before.?

I have $400.00 dollars and what to buy a 12 guage shotgun. I will be attending to use this shotgun for hunting mainly so the accuracy is a must (i know its a shotgun but you know what I mean) but I would like to blow some holes is some targets to, and another must I would have to have is I would like the shotgun to hold at least 6-8 shells. So I would like a shotgun that can shoot stright, hold like 8 shells, but still can shoot the smaller/bigger shells too. Whats your guys advice? Any insight in your thought in which gun you think I should buy? And if could list the price of the gun you are recommending. Thanks all!





JosephI want to buy a shotgun and would like to hear some advice from people who owned one before.?
Go to a local gun shop and shoulder some of their inventory. Find which one fit you the best and have the best feel to you. If you want suggestions I would start with a Remington 870 (Pump model) or 1187(semi-auto gas operated) (250$ and up) both have a wide variety of upgrades and add ons out for them. If you are a thrifty shopper you may be able to get your hands on a used Benelli for around that price.





** MAKE SURE YOU CHECK STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. the gun you are describing matches a defender model (personal defense/Military/Police)I want to buy a shotgun and would like to hear some advice from people who owned one before.?
You can get a fairly nice shotgun in the 300-400 dollar range. In my opinion a pump action 12ga. would be the best for the money. As far as holding 6-8 shells, you would have to verify that prior to purchase. Remington, Winchester, and Mosberg are some very reputable makers of shotguns. Most shotguns are chambered for either 2 3/4'; or 3'; shells. I don't know what the regulations are in your state, but in Texas you can only have a maximum of three shells in the gun while you are hunting.
In my opinion you should get a Remington 870 super mag. 12 ga. pump shotgun. It only holds 5 out of the box but you can buy aftermarket extention tubes that will allow you to hold more shells. It can also fire the larger 3.5 shells. Winchester also makes the model 12, and it's a great gun, but the 870 has more aftermarket add-on products available. It's probably one of the most reliable shotguns ever. You can buy one from Walmart for about 320. There are alot of other good shotguns, this is just one good pump gun and with only $400 you should probably get a pump
baikal mp-153. it's a 3.5'; 12 ga semi. remington bought the company.
I would go semi-auto or even over-under not a pump. Over-under is way easier to clean but you only get two shots semi's you can get three plus
Oooooo, asking for opinions is BAAAADDDDDD! *L*





First, like the person above said, check state laws before removing the plug to add more shells. You really don't want to buy a weapon, ruin the warranty, then lose it and pay fines/go to jail, just for a couple extra rounds.





I have a Mossberg pump action 12 gauge that I use for bird, rabbit, squirrel, etc. I like it, it's accurate, it came with an extra slug barrel, 3 chokes, it's easy to take apart and clean, and I don't have to worry about a semi-automatic jamming and I have the extra shot over the double-barrel.





My recommendation - see the above paragraph. *L* Due your homework, tho, and look hard at the 20 Gauge. The shot stays together longer, allowing a further shot.
Don't know where you are, but in my state, it's only legal to load 3 shells in a shotgun. Best to check your state's laws before you buy.





And I don't know all there is to know about guns, but $400 seems a bit much for a shotgun. I paid $130 for a 16 gauge this past fall at a gun show. I use mine for turkey, for deer I have a .243, and a .22 for small game and plinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment